Ian Reinhart Geiser on Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:30:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] kde dev workshop (was Re: presentation rearrangement)

On Wednesday 18 July 2001 10:53 am, you wrote:
> > I also am wondering, since this would be in October and school would be
> > in session again if anyone would be interested in a KDE development
> > workshop. This would not be during meeting time but would be setup on my
> > own time, for programmers who would like to see how easy it is to develop
> > for KDE 2.x.
>
> that would be totally awesome, i know i would really be into something
> like that.  i'd love to get started doing *real* stuff, not crappy school
> compsci homeworks/projects, but have never really known where to start.

If I can get about 10-25 people interested I think I know of a place that is
willing to host such an event.  The big issue is they are not sure they want
non-students to be present.  If anyone knows of a local ACM chapter or is
interested in hosting this event please contact me privately.  I am looking
at the end of August to the beginning of October.

The topics I will cover are:
Basic KDE Application
	- remote control interface (dcop)
	- configuration files (KConfigure)
	- network transparency (KIO)
	- misc kde development tools (autoconf, automake etc...)

-ian reinhart geiser

--
Fortune for the day: