Sandhitsu R Das on Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:20:08 -0400

Re: [PLUG] seconds in cron

> #!/bin/sh
> do_it &    # runs at time 0
> sleep 45
> do_it &    # runs at time :45
> sleep 45
> do_it &    # runs at time 1:30
> sleep 45
> do_it &    # runs at time 2:15
>
> Have cron run this every three minutes.
>
> Note, though, that cron does not guarantee fine-grain scheduling, so
> you might be off a bit. But it's close.
>
> Why 45 seconds?

Because the client wants it this way!

The shell script option is there - but I'd like to do it with cron,
that's what they want - and - isn't it more efficient ?

--
Life's about freedom - so is Linux.

Sandhitsu Ranjan Das                      Voice: 215-849-7390(R)
Graduate Student, Bioengineering                 215-898-0822(O)
University of Pennsylvania               e-mail: sudas@seas.upenn.edu
snail mail:3320 Smith Walk, 120 Hayden Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19104