gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 18 Jul 2001 09:00:07 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Specify seconds in cron ?

[Breaking this off from the thread it was In-Reply-To: so we don't
pollute threaded mail boxes. Like mine.]

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 12:46:41AM -0400, Sandhitsu R Das wrote:
> I want to run something every 45 seconds ? Can I do this with cron or any
> variant ?

To the best of my knowledge, not with regular cron. I expect there
are some other folks' versions of cron that do this, but I'm not
convinced doing so is a particularly good idea.

If you need control that fine grained, you're better off starting a
daemon that will run indefinitely but sleep 45 seconds periodically.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net