fintler on Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:20:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Specify seconds in cron ?

On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Sandhitsu R Das wrote:

> I want to run something every 45 seconds ? Can I do this with cron or any
> variant ?

Nope, cron only wakes up every 59 seconds. I'm going to suggest the
obvious here in that you really shouldn't need to restart a program every
45 seconds, just have the program run in a loop, sleep 45 then exec. It
would probally be more friendly to the processor as the loop would be
tighter than restarting the app with cron.

-Jon (jb@10v.org)