John Beck on Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:20:05 -0400

[PLUG] Help with GPG keysigning

Hi Everyone!

I need some help with GPG.  I installed it, and generated my key (gpg
--gen-key).  When prompted, I entered my name (John Beck) and my email
address (jbeck@jbwd.net).

In following the directions, the next thing I am supposed to do is to
send my key to the keyserver.  This is where I run into problems...

The directions say to type the following:
gpg --keyserver <keyserver> --send-key <Your_Key_Id>

My problem is, what is the <keyserver> value supposed to be, and what is
my key id (to put in the <Your_Key_Id> section)?  I don't recall
specifiying a key id - only my name and email address.  As for the
keyserver, I am at a total loss...

Also, can someone please specify how to create the file to Darxus?  It
seems like he needs an email with an attachment in it.  How do I create
that file?

Thanks for your help!  With any luck, I can have this figured out by
next meeting!  :-)