Darxus on Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:40:07 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Help with GPG keysigning

On 07/18, John Beck wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I need some help with GPG.  I installed it, and generated my key (gpg
> --gen-key).  When prompted, I entered my name (John Beck) and my email
> address (jbeck@jbwd.net).
>
> In following the directions, the next thing I am supposed to do is to
> send my key to the keyserver.  This is where I run into problems...
>
> The directions say to type the following:
> gpg --keyserver <keyserver> --send-key <Your_Key_Id>

try:

gpg --keyserver 193.165.192.80 --send-key jbeck@jbwd.net

..should work.

Your email address is *not* your key id, but you can use it instead of your
key id here.

> Also, can someone please specify how to create the file to Darxus?  It
> seems like he needs an email with an attachment in it.  How do I create
> that file?

I should be able to grab it from the keyserver, but you can do:

gpg -a --export jbeck@jbwd.net > mykey.gpg

And then email me the file "mykey.gpg".

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com