Tony Dominello on Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:10:08 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Needed: web host

If you can wait until September, I highly reccommend http://www.drak.net.  They
have a temporary moratorium on new accounts in order to hire and train some new
people and get some old accounts squared away (this is all from their site).
However, I know their service is good (friends of mine have used them for nearly
a year now) and their prices are very reasonable.

If you can't wait, http://www.speakeasy.net is also my ISP.  They have a special
"Guru" package that's basically they provide the server and bandwidth and let
you administer it pretty much.

Both companies support all the technologies you list AFAIK.

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, John Beck wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am looking for a web hosting company for a small website.  My
> requirements are: Minimum 50 mb disk space
> CGI-bin access
> MySQL or PostgreSQL database
> PERL (with XML::RSS and XML::PARSE)
> PHP
> FTP access
> Control Panel
> POP3 email accounts
> etc., etc, etc,
>
> Those are the main things.  If anyone can recommend a host, it would be
> greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> John

"One by one the penguins steal my sanity"