William Shank on Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:38:19 -0400

RE: [PLUG] PCMCIA Question

i have a pcmcia drive that worked with a 486 RH 6 laptop with no problem.
since it was a laptop, pcmcia was enabled already and i think the module
that it runs is cs-ide. actually, since i got the drive recently and had the
laptop running as my home network gateway/firewall for a few years, the
pcmcia drive was immediately recognized and assigned a device (hdc if your
curious) automatically as soon as i inserted the card. all i had to do was
mount the device. i was very impressed.

now getting it recognize the drive for a cd based install is another story
all together.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brad Molnar [mailto:brad@litech.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 9:06 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] PCMCIA Question

Hi all-

I am attempting to add PCMCIA to a mac powerbook running yellowdog 2.0.  I
was wondering if it is better to compile PCMCIA into the kernel or, to use
the pcmcia-cs package for my PCMCIA needs.  I need this to work with a
PCMCIA ide type drive (should work once I get everything started).  I have
tried it with compling into the kernel and I get errors, is it better to
use the separate package?

Thanks
-brad