Arthur S. Alexion on Wed, 1 Aug 2001 10:00:08 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Connection to x-server refused

Thanks, Chris, but all of the problems I am having occur on the local machine which is not connected to any other Linux machines. (It is on a Samba network, but that is not yet configured and running.)

three characteristics:

1. does not occur when x is first started, but only after an x session runs for a couple of days.
2. once it occurs, it affects all x apps, even the most simple/basic.
3. only solution seems to be restarting x.

Art