LeRoy Cressy on Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:00:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Connection to x-server refused

This is just a thought, but are you running anything in the fore ground
besides the window manager?  For instance if one of the menus is
configured to run a specific app without the & at the end then you
cannot go back to the window manager.  Xauth seems to be OK if you can
kppp as root at the start of the session.

Arthur Alexion wrote:

> YES! . . . but
> 1.I can only run kppp as root, and
> 2.most of the time (i.e. Shortly after starting x) running kppp as root
> causes no problems.
> This only seems to happen on the third or fourth day after starting x.
>
> Art

Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy   mailto:lcressy@telocity.com   /\_/\
                       http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc   ( o.o )
                       Phone:  215-535-4037          > ^ <