William Shank on Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:40:05 -0400

RE: [PLUG] what's wrong with Dell?

ok - the timing if this was just too weird.

Desktop Linux fades as Dell pulls the plug

http://iwsun4.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/01/08/02/010802hnnolin.xml

-----Original Message-----
From: William Shank
To: 'plug@lists.phillylinux.org'
Sent: 8/1/01 6:24 PM
Subject: [PLUG] what's wrong with Dell?

I tried to price a system using their small business on-line store,
looking
for a linux SMP system. Seems if I try to configure the system with
linux it
doesn't allow me to continue without a special code; however, if I
choose to
configure the same system with windows, it doesn't ask for the code and
allows me to continue.

anyone know why this would happen? seems to me they just lost a sale,
since
I can't price/feature compare against the penguin computing sytsem.

-chris