John Beck on Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:00:06 -0400

[PLUG] Nautilus question

Hey all!

I have a question re: Nautilus drawing the desktop...

I am using Slackware 8.0, Gnome 1.4, and kernel 2.2.19.  I use a
text-based logon, and start gnome when I want to use it.  I would like
to have Nautilus "draw the desktop" when gnome starts.  I have the "Let
Nautilus draw the desktop" option selected in the preferences for
Nautilus, and it works, but only after I manually start Nautilus from
within Gnome.  My experience with this in other distro's (specifically
RH 7.1 with Ximian Gnome) tells me that it occurs right as soon as you
start Gnome...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

John