Bradley Molnar on Fri, 3 Aug 2001 07:20:04 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Possible FTP solution, and new FTP question

What about if you just changed the permissions on the different directories
and placed a soft symlink (ln -s source target) in each home directory.  FTP
shouldn't give a user any extra privileges.  Change the privileges on dir1,
dir2, etc to match what you want the users to have.  You may need to
consider ACL's (2.2.18 and up and 2.4 only).  See http://acl.bestbits.at/
for info on ACL's.

-brad

--
Have I got a long way to run -- Collective Soul