gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:50:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] what's wrong with Dell? (fwd)

A reply from Rafael (who was at the meeting Wednesday but wasn't
subscribed to the mailing list when this question went out, though
he is now). He deals with Dell quasi-regularly.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

----- Forwarded message from Rafael Hinojosa <rhinojo@sccs.swarthmore.edu> -----

From: Rafael Hinojosa <rhinojo@sccs.swarthmore.edu>
Subject: Re: [PLUG] what's wrong with Dell? (fwd)
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 10:34:57 -0400 (EDT)
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>

[clip]

AFAICT, Dell doesn't seem to be offering any more SMP (Symetric Multi
Processing, yes ?) desktops; you'll have to be looking for server inorder
to find `em...  The 1400SC, with very little tweaking (2 processors &
RedHat) will average a tad abover $3000.

Scratch that comment about no dual desktop systems, I found them...

I did get the E-Value <?> code the first time I attempted it, but it
didn't return the second time.  Dell's E-Value it for small business to
references system configurations listed in their catalogs.  It is odd that
it would ask you for the code before letting you continue.

I'd try it again...  My guess is that Dell's commerce site is just having
some problems today.

--Raf

Rafael A. Hinojosa			rhinojo@sccs.swarthmore.edu

----- End forwarded message -----