Joseph B. Welsh on Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:20:09 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Nautilus question

On 03 Aug 2001 10:18:41 -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 07:55:14PM -0400, John Beck wrote:
> > I am using Slackware 8.0, Gnome 1.4, and kernel 2.2.19.  I use a
> > text-based logon, and start gnome when I want to use it.  I would like
> > to have Nautilus "draw the desktop" when gnome starts.  I have the "Let
> > Nautilus draw the desktop" option selected in the preferences for
> > Nautilus, and it works, but only after I manually start Nautilus from
> > within Gnome.  My experience with this in other distro's (specifically
> > RH 7.1 with Ximian Gnome) tells me that it occurs right as soon as you
> > start Gnome...
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Start nautilus from whatever Gnome's version of .xsession is?

Doing this from memory because I don't use it too much any more ( like
KDE better) from the main Gnome menu there should be a settings entry
and from that you should be able to find a startup hint and session
menu.

After selecting that, you can specify what programs you want to start at
gnome startup

The dialog box is is pretty clear, you just have to find it ;-)

joe