gabriel rosenkoetter on Sat, 4 Aug 2001 12:40:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Possible FTP solution, and new FTP question

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 09:32:28AM -0400, Michael F. Robbins wrote:
> The problem is that it is a mounted filesystem, and you can't change the
> permissions of individual subdirectories (AFAIK).  You can change the
> permissions in the mount command, but it affects the whole tree.  Which
> makes this useless.

Huh?

Maybe netware's weird, but with standard NFS, if you export a
directory rw and -maproot=root, you can change permissions and
ownership on the mounting machine to your heart's content.

It will, of course, also effect changes on the server side, which I
guess you maybe don't want?

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net