Brian Kirk on Sun, 5 Aug 2001 13:30:06 -0400

[PLUG] IP masquerading problem

Hi all,
I recently setup a debian (2.2.19 potato) firewall/gateway at my friend's
house, but it's been having problems with the ip masquerading.
Specifically, when any of the windows machines inside the firewall try to
get to certain websites, it times out forever (2 example sites are
www.septa.org and us.hsbc.com).  From the firewall itself, these sites are
perfectly accessable (via lynx).  I noticed that these two sites seem to
be denying icmp packets or something, as they're not returning a ping from
any box.  Is this some sort of ip header problem?  Has anyone ever heard
of a problem like this?  I'm sketchy on how the ip masquerading works in
detail, so any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian

--
Brian Kirk