M. Jackson Wilkinson on Sun, 5 Aug 2001 17:40:08 -0400

[PLUG] OT: hard disk recovery services in the area?

Hey,

I have a Fostex VF-16 multitrack recorder that records internally to an IDE
hard disk (quantum 5.1gb, to be more specific).  Sometime between finishing
the recording of this brilliant concert last night and this morning, the
hard drive decided that it no longer preferred to spin when given power.  I
plugged it into a computer to check this, and there was no response from the
drive.

So, to get the 2gb off of this disk, I guess I'm going to have to shell out
some fundage.  Anyone know of an area business that can get the data off of
a physically crashed disk and mirror it onto a new disk?  Preferably with
non-profit and poor student discounts? ;-)

I'm going to call Fostex tomorrow when they open, but I suspect that they
won't have anything interesting to tell me other than that they may be able
to replace the drive under warranty, but I doubt they could do the recovery.

Thanks
JW

--
M. Jackson Wilkinson <jackw@jounce.net>