Mike Pflugfelder on Mon, 6 Aug 2001 10:30:07 -0400

RE: [PLUG] home dns notes

	I've got a similar situation for the office here, but I'm not sure
I'm doing it the best way that I possibly can.  Might also have something to
do with my firewall and such.  Maybe someone could help, here's my deal:

	I've got 2 DNS servers, both RH7.1, running BIND 9.1.0.  One handles
the DNS for our internal NAT'd network, and one handles the DNS for our
domain name (keyinfosys.com).  Everything seems to work fine as I point our
workstations at the internal DNS, but is there a way that I could have one
machine resolve for both networks?  I'm thinking this because I'd like to
have 2 machines doing DNS, but each machine doing internal and internet DNS,
one backing up the other.

	One other thing, not sure if it makes a difference or not, but my
internet DNS server is on the NAT network and I've got my firewall set to
forward DNS traffic on a public IP to the machine on the NAT network.

If anyone can be of any help, I would greatly appreciate it...

Thanks,
-Mike