Ian Reinhart Geiser on Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:40:19 +0200

Re: [PLUG] bouncing html sent to this list ?

On Friday 17 August 2001 07:19 am, you wrote:
> Interestingly, Eudora for PalmOS (which I use to check my morning mail)
> recognizes and then strips the signature. It also recognized the kmail
> signature.
>
> Art
Strips?
Willl it state it as signed, and just not show the pgp sig stuff, or does it
ignore it all together.  As for mutt style sigs, I think I have a patch for
KMail that will allow it to catch and verify those too.

- -ian reinhart geiser

> Bill Jonas wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:51:59 -0400
> > From: Bill Jonas <bill@billjonas.com>
> > To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
> > Subject: Re: [PLUG] bouncing html sent to this list ?
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 11:37:42PM -0400, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> >> mine dont apear as attachments here...
> >> i am using kmail so it embeds the content directly.
> >> i think mutt and pine do something similar.
> >
> > Nope.  Mutt doesn't recognize your message as being signed.
> >
> > Actually, though, that may be a shortcoming of Mutt.  In the OpenPGP
> > Message Format RFC-draft[1] (RFC 2440), it states, "An application that
> > implements OpenPGP for messaging SHOULD implement OpenPGP-MIME."  On
> > reflection, it appears as though Mutt falls a little short in that it
> > *only* recognizes MIME signatures.  Hmm.  Which is a shame, considering
> > its really nice crypto integration features.
> >
> > I'm signing this message as an example of how Mutt does it (even though
> > most of you are probably already familiar with the format).
> >
> > [1]
> > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-openpgp-rfc2440bis-02.txt
> > linked from http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/openpgp-charter.html,
> > linked from my home page.
> >
> > --
> > Bill Jonas    *    bill@billjonas.com    *    http://www.billjonas.com/
> > "As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
> > be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
> > this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin
> >
> > [pgp-signat part omitted]

> artAlexion

- --
Fortune for the day:
One of the most overlooked advantages to computers is...  If they do
foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little.
		-- Joe Martin
Ian Reinhart Geiser   -=<*>=-  Linux & KDE Developer