Mark Schonbach on Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:00:15 +0200

Re: [PLUG] mobile access to internet

http://www.geektools.com/geektels/showhotels.php?country=USA&state=Colorado&city=Colorado+Springs

Also, what about using Internet Cafes, Kinkos, etc

And I believe @home offers a dial-up service, but they charge a per-minute
charge.  http://home-help.excite.com/managing_acct/dial_up/overview.html

On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, eric@lucii.org wrote:

> I need some advice... I'm going to be traveling early next month
> and I will be using a new laptop running Mandrake 8.0.
>
> Currently, I use a Cable modem so I don't have a local ISP with
> telephone access.  And besides, I don't want to dial long distance.
>
> So, how do I get internet access while on the road?
> I don't want to dial long distance.  "Free" services like
> NetZero or the first month of AOL don't work with Linux (true?)
> so they are no help.
>
> I was thinking of calling an ISP in the city where I'll be
> (Colorado Springs) and seeing if they'll sell me a dial-up for
> a week with minimum fuss (don't need SMTP, mail account, web
> page, or any other such overhead).
>
> Does anybody have any other ideas and/or opinions?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Eric
>
> --
> #   Eric Allan Lucas
> # "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth
> #  And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings..
> #              -- John Gillespie Magee Jr.

Mark Schonbach, NetRealities
http://www.netrealities.com
PGPID: 2068B0F1 fp D161 176B 74FD D137 6B2C  052F D801 29A8 2068 B0F1