Arthur Alexion on Thu, 23 Aug 2001 19:30:09 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Font/ghostscript help needed

On 8/23/01, 8:51:48 AM, Leonard Rosenthol <leonardr@lazerware.com> wrote
regarding Re: [PLUG] Font/ghostscript help needed:

> At 10:08 PM 8/22/2001 +0000, Arthur Alexion wrote:
> >I recently added a bunch of fonts, following the directions for adding
> >them to StarOffice.  The fonts work fine on screen, but do not print.
(I
> >think the printer substitutes Times for these fonts.)

>          What do you mean "do not print"?  What (exactly!) happens?

The text prints but not using the chosen font.  It appears that Times is
substituted.  The chosen font appears on screen properly, though.

> >I'm using RedHat 6.2 and the version of ghostscript that came with the
> >distribution. (GNU Ghostscript 5.50 (2000-2-13)).

>          First thing, RUN (do NOT walk!) and upgrade your copy of
> Ghostscript.  5.5 was a piece of S**T!  The current version is 7.0 and
> worth the upgrade - especially since it's free ;).

I will take your advice.  I tried upgrading to the "commercial, but free
for personal use" version once before, but the upgraded version used
different directories, and the printer could not find it anymore.  What
did I do wron, or what did I fail to do right?

Thanks for your help.

Art