Fred K Ollinger on Thu, 23 Aug 2001 19:00:10 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Hey

> I think those problems might be ONLY on older Pentiums, since I noticed no
> such booting problems on my Pentium 3. I noticed no such flakiness with
> 2.4.3, 2.4.4, or 2.4.5 (which is the latest I'm running). Other flakiness,
> perhaps (the inefficient VM problems).

I had a problem on PI w/ whatever the stock kernel was for RH7.1, IIRC.
This gave me the trouble of crashing whenever the zip drive was invoked.
Between this and the lack of support of hfs.o (hey I'm surrounded by
macs), I went back to the earlier series seeing as I saw no user level
benefit to the 2.4 at all, only pain.

Since I'm on debian now (no disrespect to those hardworking RH users),
I've seen 2.2.17 as rock solid, I'll upgrade when I see a new feature that
I have to have.

Fred