Mike Leone on Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:40:08 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Hey

> Finally, there is some flakeness with the 2.4 series.  2.4.3 worked fine
> on one older box, but all of the later versions would not even boot
> unless you added append="nomce" even though the box has an ancient P75
> chip.  Alan Cox told me that there are problems when he added
> bluesmoke.c to the kernel with older pentiums.

I think those problems might be ONLY on older Pentiums, since I noticed no
such booting problems on my Pentium 3. I noticed no such flakiness with
2.4.3, 2.4.4, or 2.4.5 (which is the latest I'm running). Other flakiness,
perhaps (the inefficient VM problems).