Greg Lopp on Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:10:26 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Internet Time Sync

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 08:16:47AM -0400, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> I use jpilot & pilot-link to sync my Palm handheld.  There is a time
> sync feature that sets the Palm to the desktop time.  Problem is, I
> don't think the desktop keeps accurate time.
>
> Can anyone please recommend a program that sets my PC clock to one of
> the Internet time servers?

rdate tock.usno.navy.mil

...would be old way of doing this, but I think "Internet time" is
a slightly different beast.  How different, I can't quite tell.

I can't find a package name in connection with NIST-ITS
(http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/service/time-computer.html),
just a few references to /sbin/clock.

rdate will definitly do what you need.