Mike Leone on Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:10:25 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Internet Time Sync

> I use jpilot & pilot-link to sync my Palm handheld.  There is a time
> sync feature that sets the Palm to the desktop time.  Problem is, I
> don't think the desktop keeps accurate time.
>
> Can anyone please recommend a program that sets my PC clock to one of
> the Internet time servers?

I use ntpdate, and point it at the time server over at U of Penn.

workhorse:/home/turgon# ntpdate otc1.psu.edu
28 Aug 08:57:08 ntpdate[9226]: step time server 128.118.46.3 offset
932.389950sec

I forget where I picked ntpdate up from, but you should be able to find it -
or similar programs (ntp = network time protocol) - easily enuf on the web.
Stick it in a cron job, and keep your system time up to date every night.