Kyle R . Burton on Thu, 6 Sep 2001 00:40:15 +0200

Re: [PLUG] x-connect

> 	Strangely, when I use 'startx' to start x instead of logging in
> from gdm, I can activate pgrms from console. So I'm a bit closer to the
> source. Didn't try to run xhost +localhost. Do I type that as user or must
> I be root? How many times to type this?

Just as a user, and only once for every time you run X.  If things work
correctly when you use startx from the console vs logging in using gdm,
then it's probably not something you want to solve by using xhost.

Kyle

Enlightenment is like the reflection of the moon in water.
The moon does not get wet and the water is not separated.
        -- Hashida