Dave Turner on Thu, 6 Sep 2001 14:40:10 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Does restricting partial words weaken passwords?

gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
<SNIP boring practical stuff>

You are looking from a system security standpoint at what I took as a
mathematical question :)

> > Sorry to moderators for making you manually approve this,  I am too busy right
> > now to fix my broken email system (and anyway, yours is broken because it
> > looks at Sender rather than From)
>
> Give me a break. The reason that is the way it is is precisely so
> unsubscribed parties can't post on the list. This is a totally
> reasonable policy on this kind of private organization list.

You can do that by checking From rather than Sender.

--
-[Dave Turner                                 Stalk me:  (215)-545-2859]
*** Error: The method "java.lang.Object newInstance();" can throw the