gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 7 Sep 2001 00:30:50 +0200

Re: [PLUG] dns question??

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 03:55:00PM -0400, William Shank wrote:
> i think my dns info is ill configured. everytime i try to go to a uri, i get
> an error (not found), but if i hit reload i can get there? any idea what is
> causeing this, anyone?

Sounds like a broken caching name server somewhere, but you haven't
really provided enough information to diagnose the problem
completely.

Is this true of any hostname?

What happens when you just run nslookup?

Are you running a DNS of your own?

Do you have more than one DNS listed in /etc/resolv.con?

What does your /etc/nsswitch.conf look like?

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net