multiple seriousity on Sat, 8 Sep 2001 19:50:12 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Free code base of longitude and latitude for geographic locations - US

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Dave Turner wrote:

> Adam Turoff wrote:
> > How magnanamous.  It looks like this file comes from the Census or
> > the US Post Office -- free data already in the public domain.
> All data is in the public domain.  See Feist Publications v. Rural Telephone
> service for details.

Yes, but with the UCITA and DMCA, who knows?

Hey, we 'added value' hmmm... something tells me I want to look up this
ruling... yes yes, I know people will say 'google' but does anybody
(you?) want to recommend the best page explaining/detailing this
ruling? (After all, if you're going to say "see.." you might as well tell
us where we can see it.

blah blah blah
--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com