Gerald D. Neale on Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:48:16 -0400

Re: [PLUG] CD Writer

Gregory and anybody else,
We are going to be setting up an IDE CDRW on a Linux
box at tonight's meeting in Cherry Hill. The topic is
Linux Sound. You are welcome to drop by.
Jerry
CHLUG-Organizer
--- LeRoy Cressy <lcressy@telocity.com> wrote:
> Gregory Weber wrote:
> >
> > I should have mentioned that I was using RH 7.1.
> I actually I didn't do
> > anything for the writer.  Taking a look at /dev, I
> have this.  Do I need to
> > change this link?  I guess I am not sure how to
> make the reader use the
> > ide-scsi module.
> >
> > Greg
> >
> > lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            9 Aug 10
> 22:20 cdrom -> /dev/scd0
> > lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            8 Aug 18
> 08:00 cdrom1 -> /dev/hdd
> >
> cd /dev
> rm cdrom1
> ln -s scd1 cdrom1
>
> this will make your link right
>
> --
> Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy   mailto:lcressy@telocity.com
> /\_/\
>                        http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc
> ( o.o )
>                        Phone:  215-535-4037
> > ^ <
>
> Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and
> the life:
> no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John
> 14:6)

=====
The Cherry hill Linux User's Group
meets on the first Monday of every month.
http://www.chlug.org