Steve Arone on Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:50:20 +0200

[PLUG] Help Getting Started Linux Development

Hi,
I'm new to Linux and I would like to start learning
how to develop applications using the miriad of tools
available for Linux development.

I've been "poisoned" by Microsoft in that my
background is MS Access and VB.

Where would you suggest I start my re-education?  I
installed Mandrake and have played around with QT and
also tried to compile a "hello world" with gcc (did't
work, couldn't find iostream.h)

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Steve Arone