Jason Nocks on Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:30:11 +0200

Re: [PLUG] plug meeting tonight ?

On Tuesday 11 September 2001 11:08 am, you wrote:
> I'm hearing rumors that the bridges are being shut down.  Can anyone put
> some truth to that?  I work in Jersey but live just outside of Phila...  I
> don't want to be sleeping on the computer room floor...

Only major news in Pennsylvania so far is "a major plane went down near
Pittsburgh".
Philly area bridges are currently open. All airports are closed. Septa is
supposedly currently running on rush-hour schedules. Supposedly, all
Philly-area highrises are being asked to shutdown and ask people to go home.
Many Philly schools are closing at noon.

For anyone who hasn't heard:
In New York, both World Trade Center buildings have collapsed. Two hijacked
planes hit the two buildings within minutes. Within an hour or so the South
building collapsed, followed by the North building.
In DC, a hijacked plane hit near the Pentagon.

Supposedly, the report of a car-bomb near the State building was false. But
it is not clear yet.

That's about all I've heard,
-Jason Nocks