Nathan Thompson on Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:11:47 +0200

Re: [PLUG] gnome / sawmill fonts all squares

Have you tried restarting the font server? I've seen some font
weirdness from time to time when upgrading Debian -- usually I solve
it by restarting xfs/xfstt.  You might also check your font settings in
the XF86Config-4 file (if you upgraded to XF86 4.x).

Nate