Paul on Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:40:27 +0200

[PLUG] automated response from offer to volunteer

     I am not able to check email with any regularity at this time. Please
forgive any delays in responding to you. If you are responding to the
request for assistance after the World Trade Center disaster, thank you! The
support that we have received from  the national I.T. community has been
overwhelming. We received over a thousand offers of assistance and equipment
in less than twenty-four hours! What we thought would be sent to five or six
people has made it from sea to shining sea, awesome is the power of the
internet. What we really need MOST at the moment is time... time to sort
through what has been offered and to reassess our needs. Please forgive us
if we can't respond right away and please don't forward our message at this
time. I don't know how else to thank you all for your compassion and
generosity but I feel privileged to be part of the I.T. community, a
community in every sense of the word.

--
   ~
  . .