Nicholas Vettese on Tue, 25 Sep 2001 21:30:16 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Is now the time for Linux on the desktop advocacy?

My boss and I have been at odds about this since day one. He gave me a Windows desktop to use when I started, and I asked him if I could install Linux. I have been using Linux at work as my sole desktop for a year. Prior to that I used it as one of my three desktops at my last job. I believe Linux is definitley ready, and with the new licensing MS is putting out, I am building my argument everyday. My boss is starting to sway since I brought 3 Linux servers into the computer room, and seeing that I can do all my work from a Linux Desktop. I am also working part-time consulting companies on the power of Linux as a Server and a Desktop.
Nicholas Vettese

From: Time <time@www.clockbot.net>
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Is now the time for Linux on the desktop advocacy?
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:59:20 +0000

I'll agree, gnome's desktop is amazing for versatility and user friendliness, and it does hit my preference above KDE. But Enlightenment is still my savior in the gui world. And my 333 Mhz AMD that I've been working on since day one agree's with me every step of the way. I still feel that power is found in minimalistic desktop enviroments.

Regards,

Time

   13

   \