Michael Leone on Wed, 26 Sep 2001 03:50:12 +0200

Re: [PLUG] SSH question

On Tue, 2001-09-25 at 21:15, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> I have some experience with NetBSD's IPSec stuff. I'd be willing
> to help set it up, if you'd like.

Thanks; I still need to work on them a bit, before saying something like
"Let's NOT use this somewhat exepnsive Pix ... " :-)
especially when the thing CAN do all I'd need it to do - my problems are
more political than technical.

> (I'd be surprised if my the company with whom I interned this past
> summer, Wasabi Systems, wouldn't be interested in a Cisco PIX-killer
> kind of project. Get a bargain basement PC, a couple of SMC
> EtherPower cards, and you're good to go. All of this *theoretically*
> works with the MS VPN client.)

That would be cool. HOWEVER, you might be surprised at just how many
managers feel more comfortable knowing that Cisco is *OBLIGATED* to
answer the phone and help them in a timely manner, especially when it
goes down. Never mind the yearly maintenance cost. :-)

> --
>        ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>    ICQ: 50453890     AIM: MikeLeone

PGP public key:
<http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.gpg>

Taking a mental stroll through the psychic park of pleasure.