gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 26 Sep 2001 18:50:25 +0200

Re: [PLUG] SSH question

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 12:07:19PM -0400, Mike Leone wrote:
> Can SSH do that? I'll have to look into it. however, home folks probably
> will NOT have a NIC; merely a dial-up.

No. In fact, nothing can do this. In order to deal with MAC
addresses you need to be on the same ethernet segment (or have a
static route written all the way out) as the other MAC address.
Otherwise, the MAC address attached to a packet is just that of the
router in came through last.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net