Gerald D. Neale on Tue, 2 Oct 2001 21:06:27 -0400

Re: [PLUG] (no subject)

--- Paul <paul@dpagin.net> wrote:
> > I usually have several programs "running" but they
> are not doing anything:
> > Mozilla is sitting on my webmail page and AIM
> (official client) is idle waiting
> > for calls.
>
> AIM is not idle. It talks to the Internet at set
> intervals
> to get staus info..
Right. Paul is right it is checking a que and I'm sure
Mozilla is doing something too. Do a
%top
to see what your load avg is. Near or above one might
be a cause. Also look at what is a the "top" as far as
CPU usage goes. You might have something running that
is surprising. Maybe.

=====
The Cherry hill Linux User's Group
meets on the first Monday of every month.
http://www.chlug.org