Kevin Brosius on Thu, 4 Oct 2001 21:00:18 +0200

Re: [PLUG] SSH Question

Mike Pflugfelder wrote:

> I have a telnet client that doesn't have SSH support built in.  The client
> runs on win32.  Is there any software that will intercept the telnet
> request, and make it an SSH request for a particular server?  Does this
> question make sense?

Depends...  Is there something special about your telnet client that
makes it impractical to replace with ssh?  ssh is just a secure telnet
from a simplistic viewpoint.

> We may also have the rights to the source code, but I'm not 100% sure about
> that.  If we do have the rights, and a capable programmer, what's the
> license on the SSH code that I would need to add in?  Would we need to pay
> for that?  Is it open source?

It looks like openssh is (free, open source, non-gpl...), check
http://www.openssh.com.  It's under a BSD license.

--
Kevin Brosius