kaze on Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:20:20 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Viewing files (was Re: John "MAD DOG" Hall)

Maybe the fictitious marketing person _purposely_ released it as a .doc as a
kind of marketing flame, to stir up ire and debate and bring more people and
awareness to the event. The few marketing people I've supported I would
categorize as having a knowledge level just above the one we label as "just
enough to be dangerous."

The real marketing people who do and should be at the receiving end of our
annoyance (and PLUG posting wrath) are the Microsoft marketers who thru
money skillz and other ways get monopolies with second-best technology and
create closed _defacto_ standards as part of their business and marketing
plans.

(One the flipside, though way bloated MS Word is a powerful tool.)