kaze on Thu, 11 Oct 2001 07:10:13 +0200

[PLUG] OT: Help with finding employment please?

Hi PLUG,

I went to the Pioneer / DelVal Compaq User Group meeting with Jon "maddog"
Hall. Nice Linux security talk, and Jon gave a great Linux presentation and
answer a lot of questions, they had food and gave out lots of stuff. Anyway
I'm looking for work and afterwards asked "maddog" for any advice; I told
him, I have about five years in I.T., and have experience mostly with
Microsoft, but also a little with hardware, Cisco, and Linux. He said to
post to my users group and network that way, and then to 'hit the pavement.'

My resume is online at http://www.users.voicenet.com/~kaze/; please help me
out if you can in anyway. I don't tie my self worth to my work, but am
getting desperate for money to support my wife and 7 month old daughter. The
ideal job would be a Philly based non-profit with a big installed base of
Windows NT and 2000 servers and Exchange or something, migrating to be a
Linux shop insofar as both server and desktop and willing to let me
thoroughly learn Linux on the job!

TIA,
Zake