gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 12 Oct 2001 04:40:12 +0200

Re: [PLUG] I take back anything good I said about ps2pdf.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 10:23:37PM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> grappa:swat/eng52b% ps2pdf starbuck_redux.dvi
[clip]
> ::grumble::
>
> Thoughts?

Wow. Either I've been writing about Melville too long or that gin
martini I had while I was really has clouded my brain.

Clearly, dvi != ps.

::sigh::

Oh, and btw, dvips output still looks like crap in a file, and looks
no better after it goes through ps2pdf, so the way to get from dvi
to pdf (if you don't have LaTeX software that goes straight to pdf,
which I'm beginning to agree with Len is a Really Good Thing, is
dvipdfm).

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net