Bill Jonas on Wed, 17 Oct 2001 18:40:12 +0200

Re: [PLUG] BSA offering a grace period

On Wed, Oct 17, 2001 at 12:25:21PM -0400, Chris Beggy  wrote:
> It is an expensive multi-year process for them.

Ick.

What I don't understand is why companies keep putting up with this
stuff.  I mean, sure it'll be expensive to change the first time, but
you don't have keep paying for licenses over and over, and proving your
innocence every time certain corporations and corporate coalitions
demand it.  Seems to me that even with the more expensive per-head labor
cost, it's cheaper all-around because you need fewer admins.  Maybe I
just don't understand "the way the business works".

Someone sent a link to an mp3 of a radio commercial to another list I'm
on.  I found it humorous, like a good cop/bad cop routine from an old
cheesy '30s police movie.  http://www.billjonas.com/bsatruce.mp3

"They that can give up  essential  liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."        -- Benjamin Franklin
If encryption is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir rapelcgvba.