gabriel rosenkoetter on Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:20:20 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Trouble w/ procmail

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 01:02:36PM -0400, Jon Nelson wrote:
> I have a .procmailrc file.  I've tried it with/without a .forward file.
> procmail is set up as the local mail handler in the /etc/procmail/main.cf.

Why are you doing it this way?

('Cause it's supposed to be faster? Is it?)

Most immediately, I'd blow away (well, comment) that setting, and
just use the .forward method of calling procmail and make sure you
have LOGFILE set to a file you can write to and LOGABSTRACT set to
all in your .procmailrc. Don't try to sort any mail, just see that
something's showing up this way.

> I ran "strace -o error procmail" and then looked through the log.  The only
> thing I could find that seemed like an error was
> "connect(3,{sin_family=AF_UNIX, path="/var/run/.nscd_socket"}, 110) = -1
> ENOENT (No such file or directory)".

That's not a problem as long as you're not running nscd (name server
cache daemon) on the local machine (in which that file had really
better exist).

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net