William Shank on Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:40:15 +0200

[PLUG] Help installing to VAIO SuperSlim...

I finally got my dream laptop, but i'm having trouble getting linux
installed. vaio R505TS, it has winME by default. i'm using suse72 and i have
pcmcia cdrom that works in windows and linux (tried on another machine) but
can't boot from it. i got loadlin installed in c:\loadlin and installed a
winME patch to allow booting to dos. i can get loadlin to start from dos,
but it kernel panics looking for init= parameters, no init found?

can anyone help me out here? i usually install from boot disk/cdrom, so this
is foreign to me.

thanks
Chris