gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 24 Oct 2001 01:51:18 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Amazing Bug

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 11:16:49PM -0400, Paul wrote:
> I was composing an e-mail in Netscape Messenger when my monitor went into
> sleep mode. I attached a text file which I decided to detach. When I
> right-clicked on the file icon expecting to see a menu with a delete option,
> the monitor went blank. I tapped the keyboard and the screen came cameback
> on. Then, I right-click the icon again, and sure enough, the screen went
> blank again.

Sounds like apmd is grabbing your input somehow.

Check for known bugs and, assuming you're up to date on its source,
submit a bug report. Knowing the source date for your apmd would be
ideal. (If you don't build from source, knowning what version and
patch level of the distro or the date of the snapshot is the same
thing.)

(Keep the buggy binary around. apmd's maintainer for whatever distro
you're using will probably want a copy and maybe want to have you do
some testing based on it.)

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net