Bob Stanfield on Fri, 26 Oct 2001 08:36:10 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Re: Mail setup questions

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Bill Jonas wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 11:29:01AM -0400, epike@isinet.com wrote:
> > I think fetchmail needs an MTA (like sendmail) though.  I tried
> > shutting down sendmail and fetchmail didnt work no more.
>
> It can hand off the mail directly to a local delivery agent (like
> procmail) if you configure it to do so.  I don't know how to do it, but
> I've seen it mentioned before.  It shouldn't be hard to find.
>
> --
> Bill Jonas    *    bill@billjonas.com    *    http://www.billjonas.com/

	Fetchmail sure does love to have sendmail running. Gets real
upset when she ain't around.

fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from mail.eclipse.net
fetchmail: Query status=10

Bob Stanfield
29 Ledge Lane
Pipersville, PA 18947