Jon Nelson on Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:50:16 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Trouble w/ procmail

Sorry about the delay. I just got back to work.  Here is my .procmailrc:

----------------------snip------------snip-----------------------

# Directory for storing procmail configuration and log files
PMDIR=$HOME/Procmail

# Put ## before LOGFILE if you want no logging (not recommended)
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log

# Set to yes when debugging
VERBOSE=yes

# Remove ## when debugging; set to no if you want minimal logging
LOGABSTRACT=all

# For privacy, have procmail create mailboxes with 600 (-rw-------)
permission
UMASK=077

# Replace $HOME/Msgs with your message directory
# Mutt and elm use $HOME/Mail
# Pine uses $HOME/mail
# Netscape Messenger uses $HOME/nsmail
# Some NNTP clients, such as slrn & nn, use $HOME/News
# Mailboxes in maildir format are often put in $HOME/Maildir
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail       # Make sure this directory exists!

INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/testing.rc
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/lists.rc

----------------------snip------------snip-----------------------

testing.rc reads:

----------------------snip------------snip-----------------------
:0:
* ^Subject:.*test
in-testing

and here is my .forward:

"/usr/bin/procmail"

Notice that logging is turned on, but no logs.  I also turned off postfix and
sent a test email and it wasn't filtered, "in-testing" was not created and no logs generated.

Knowing me I am probably doing something stupid and obvious :).

Thanks,

Jon