William Shank on Thu, 1 Nov 2001 17:20:16 +0100

RE: [RE: [[PLUG] Fonts?]]

 i didn't even realize it was KDE specific. I'm using SuSE7.2 with KDE 2.2.1
and X 4.1 with the nvidia closed source binaries on my work machine and the
fonts install ok with that tool (little flakey at times - sometimes the
fonts disappear and then reappear from the font list). I have RH7.2 on a
laptop and would like to get more fonts working on it.

-----Original Message-----
From: E M Recio
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Sent: 11/1/01 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [RE: [[PLUG] Fonts?]]

William Shank <wshank@mbcnet.com> wrote:
> kfontinst

Ahh, it's a KDE thing. Does this install it to X11 standard locations?
What
about XFree86 4.1? What if you are running other window managers etc
etc.
Sorry for bombarding with all these questions, but I dont know much
about font
management under X11, just standard mv,cp,xset fp+;)

Best Regards,
E. M. Recio

* Email: <n2wog@usa.net> ICQ: <458042> AIM: <emrecio> *
* UNIX SA TJU; Phila., PA 19107                       *
* Homepage: < http://polywog.navpoint.com >           *